[3830] NCCC Sprint N6ZFO LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint N6ZFO LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2019 05:01:31 +0000
                    NCCC Sprint - Jul 26

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.50

  160:   0      0
   80:   4      2
   40:  12     10
   20:  18     16
   15:   1      1
   10:
-------------------
Total:  35     29  Total Score = 1,015

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Resurreceted the 40/80m antenna this afternoon pre-NS. Have been grid-chasing on
6m with FT8 last few weeks.  Arrival of new cat complicated tonight's NS:  Posey
jumped on desk, landing, where else, on top of mouse.  Then started sending CW
with back leg using straight key.

Good to be back again.  reasonably satisfied. . pre-ns qso with W4OC (very weak)
but less success after opening bell.  Everything worked after reconfiguration
except the K1EL Win-keyer, worst performing piece of gear in the shack.  So sent
eveything by hand using the more reliable CMOS Super Keyer 3 (Idiom  Press).
Noise high tonight. . maybe k1cn calling on 40m? Not sure . had to ditch qso.
Could have used the NH mult for sure. And was 10 seconds late with WJ9B on 80m
so missed the ID mult.

Won't be on 160 for a while, but have major plans for what could be an
outstanding 160m antenna.

I'll try to get a ladder scheduled shortly and catch up on some postponed NS
projects.  Very busy with astronomy these days, which I'm finding especially
rewarding becuase there's more involvement with children/students.  (you can
view our FB page "Friends of Taylor Observatory")

73 Bill n6zfo