[3830] NAQP CW K7RAT(N6TR) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K7RAT(N6TR) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2019 15:09:59 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K7RAT
Operator(s): N6TR
Station: N6TR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:   27    12
   80:  147    43
   40:  275    48
   20:  484    52
   15:  120    37
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1053   192  Total Score = 202,176

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Team:

Comments:

Nice to enjoy some CW activity on the bands.

The pluses:

1. 15 was better than it could have been.

2. 20 was excellent.  Could have made more QSOs there, but when 40 started
playing, it was time to go.  Had excellent results with in-band SO2R.  Need to
improve it however to do it in a full power contest.

3. 40 was excellent well before sunset.  Nearly all of the QSOs were made before
sunset.

4. 80 was a big surprise.  Finished putting up a new antenna a day before the
contest and it exceeded expectations.  Think it is a keeper.

The minus:

0. Ten Meters.  Never saw a blip on the P3.

1. Being on the West Coast in August in the NAQP.  :-)

2. Calling K1AR for 5 minutes on 15 meters with no QSO.

3. I spent the first half of the contest wearing my Heil Proset headphones and
was feeling like there was something wrong with the audio.  Sounded very grainy.
 I then replaced them with a set of Sony MDR-V6 phones and signals sounded like
tones again.  More research required to understand what is going on.  My snobby
audiophile attitude is starting to cross over into ham radio and I am starting
to really question the audio quality of receivers.  This might be an impedance
matching issue or something. I also have some thumping going on in the RX audio
that is annoying.

Rigs: 2XK3S

Antennas:
4 element MonstIR at 97 feet on a hilltop
2 element Force-12 at 40 feet on a hill (N6ZZ memorial antenna)
Loaded 97 foot tower on 160
And the new antenna - one element 80M quad loop on the 97 foot tower.

The station here is still in its infancy.  Will be retiring in another two
months and will be able to start really putting up some towers on the 28 acres.

Thanks for all of the QSOs.