[3830] NAQP CW K8CN Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K8CN@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K8CN Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2019 16:00:26 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K8CN
Operator(s): K8CN
Station: K8CN

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 5.5

  160:    4     3
   80:   17    10
   40:   88    31
   20:   88    29
   15:   13    11
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  211    85  Total Score = 17,935

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

I believe this is my first time to submit a log for NAQP, although I may have
handed out some Qs in prior years.  My only goals were to have fun and make at
least one Q on each of the 6 bands, which were both realized (narrowly, on 10
meters at least!). My operation was primarily Saturday afternoon, then a long
break for dinner with XYL, dog walking, and movie with XYL (our dog watched,
too), so I didn't get back to the radio until about 0300Z. With no real antenna
for 80 or 160 meters it's tough to make Qs in the later hours of this contest,
but I tried : ) .

Thanks to all for persistence in getting my exchange with especially weak
signals on 80 and 160, but perhaps on other bands, too.  It is fun to work my NS
comrades in an environment where most stations are fixed in frequency and I'm
not chasing them around a 5 kHz window!

I may have to attempt a more serious effort next time around........if I can at
least hoist a dipole for 80 meters.

73,
Mike, K8CN
Durham NH

Rig: K3 at 5 watts, Lazy H cut for 20 meters and used on all bands.