[3830] 222Up KR1ST Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, alex@kr1st.com
Subject: [3830] 222Up KR1ST Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2019 23:40:45 +0000
                    ARRL 222 MHz and Up Distance Contest - 2019

Call: KR1ST
Operator(s): KR1ST
Station: KR1ST

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN21FK
Operating Time (hrs): 5:33

------------
  222:  25
  432:  27
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
------------
Total:  52  Total Score = 14,345

Club: Mt Airy VHF Radio Club

Team: Pack Rats

Comments:

Rigs: IC-9100 (70cm), IC-7300 + DEMI L222-28HP + Brick (1.25m)
Pwr:  100W (1.25m), 75W (70cm)
Ants: 10 elements 1.25m yagi (222-10EZ @ 31ft)
      21 elements 70cm yagi (M2 432-6WL @ 30ft)

This was my first ever 222MHz and Up contest. Quite honestly, I'm not sure what
to think of it. I didn't have as much fun as with other contests because it
seems more about one's ability in arranging contacts, and not about actually
completing contacts. Sitting on a chat page practically begging for contacts is
not very alluring to me. Very few stations call CQ, and spontaneous contacts
have been few and far between. When you do spot stations on the bandscope and
you tune to them, it seems that they are more interested in moving each other up
the bands quickly, rather than checking to hear if anyone else is around, score
some extra points, and perhaps take them along as well. I noticed that the
stations who do ask are usually the ones you find at the top of the heap. This
contest did make me appreciate the challenges folks faced before all this
assistance was available to them.

I did find that 222 and 432 were greatly enhanced to the east and south of me in
the early Sunday morning hours, but found almost no one to work.

Many thanks for the Q's and I hope to see everyone in the next contest.

73,
--Alex KR1ST (FN21FK)

 Band   Mode  QSOs     Pts
   222  CW       2    1208