[3830] NAQP CW WX3B M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wx3b@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW WX3B M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2019 14:27:45 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: WX3B
Operator(s): WX3B NY3A
Station: WX3B

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:   82    29
   80:  307    55
   40:  371    58
   20:  382    54
   15:   98    32
   10:    2     2
-------------------
Total: 1242   230  Total Score = 285,660

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Several weeks ago, my good friend Steve NY3A and I decided to put on a Multi/Two
for this contest - for the first time since 2016, when K3WI, NY3A and WX3B did
our last M/2.

This was a FUN contest; and as the contest goes on, it gets better with time.
We had decided at the start that 10 hours was about all we would operate, and
that is exactly what we did.  While we were driving home, N7IP and N5ZO were
still making QSOs, and they beat us!!

I also see that the single-ops K0RF and AA3B have a similar result to our M/2
score.  Incredible!!

Thanks to Tim N3QE for a little post contest coaching on how we can improve our
score.  I need to pounce more aggressively during our slow runs, and probably
spend more time pouncing in general.  There were a lot of QSOs on the available
QSO bandmap at all times.

I was visited by Murphy before and during this contest - and that doesn't
usually happen!!

A network cable broke on 80 meters (Yes, I had been moving all the PCs around)
giving us a small project to reconnect it to the network with a new cable.

For some inexplicable reason, my CW (USB) connection to the 80 meter PC also
wouldn't work on CW, and I had to press a separate interface into service the
morning of the contest.  We lost our 10 meter 1000mp just after our 10 minute
visit to 10 meters (Bryon Campbell, the repair expert, already responded with
good news on the potential fix), my 40 meter rotor indicator requires some TLC
to indicate the correct direction (easy fix - known re-narrowing of the pins on
Yaesu control boxes).

Most of those problems were to be attended to with the AMPLE time I had planned
to have by arriving at 8:30am Saturday to set up for the contest, which of
course, didn't happen until noon...

NY3A - another new Icom IC-7610 owner, got to test the 7610 back to back with a
Yaesu FTDX-5000 and promptly declared his love for the 7610 as a cleaner,
(better)receiver.  Another Icom convert!!

We went QRT at midnight:  there was still plenty of activity on 40/80/160.

A lot of fun was had for sure, and hopefully it will be the start of additional
NY3A/WX3B team efforts in the future!!

73,

Jim   WX3B