[3830] WAE CW W4VIC M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vic.w4vic@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] WAE CW W4VIC M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2019 00:32:49 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: W4VIC
Operator(s): W4VIC
Station: W4VIC

Class: M/S HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 11

   80:    0     0     0
   40:   27    32    51
   20:  145   141    76
   15:    6     5    10
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  178   178   137  Total Score = 48,772

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

The contest this year was like going to the dentist!  20M seemed pretty fair
Friday night, but on Saturday it was simply awful. Sunday was not much better
but daylight seemed to concentrate ops on 20M, so more of the stronger stations
made it through.  I think there was a very brief opening late Sunday afternoon
because 20M seemed to come alive for a few minutes.  40M was surprisingly good
as compared to 20.  80M and 160M were totally useless here.  Storms in
surrounding area made QRN unbeatable.

I do love this unique contest.  Sending QTC is a pleasant wrinkle added to the
usual RST Serial # of many contests.  I remain impressed by the EU ops who are
so skilled at receiving QTCs.  Good on you, guys.

Thanks for all the hard work and the Qs.  73,  Vic, W4VIC