[3830] WAE CW KC1XX M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dl1iao@dl1iao.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW KC1XX M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2019 19:54:51 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: KC1XX
Operator(s): DL1IAO KC1XX KM3T NN1C WA1Z
Station: KC1XX

Class: M/S HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 46.5

   80:  226   230    38
   40:  592   579    44
   20:  946  1071    51
   15:  241   126    38
   10:    4     0     4
-------------------------
Total: 2009  2006   470  Total Score = 1,886,110

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Our vacation in New England and Canada coincided with WAEDC CW, so I was very
happy when Matt invited me to join the XX-team. After many years of doing WAE
from EU it was quite an experience to change sides and hand out QTCs by myself.
A 10m opening never really happened for us, except QSOs with CT, EA, I and F
which were relatively easy. But the band did not open any further. 15m was
somewhat workable early on Saturday afternoon with faint signals, even weaker on
Sunday. We also suffered some QRN on the lowbands like everyone else probably
did.

Everybody had a fun time and enjoyed some great food prepared by Juana and
Karin. It was even great fun meeting Bob/WA1Z and Dave/KM3T again after a few
years. Sitting in the "XX beer garden" with a view on the antenna park
during off-times was another treat.

A Big Thank You to Matt and especially Joanna for having us and opening their
home for us! It was an unforgettable experience.

73,

Stefan DL1IAO, for the rest of the team