[3830] NAQP SSB VE9AA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB VE9AA Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2019 13:22:16 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NB
Operating Time (hrs): 2:41
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:    4     2
   40:  125    22
   20:   34    19
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  163    43  Total Score = 7,009

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Absolutely excruciatingly painful ! I would've rather had my nose hairs plucked
out with vice-grips.

2hours and 41 minutes spread out over 3(or was it 4?) sessions.
Kept hoping condx would improve. (for the few running HP, I am sure this was a
lovely contest with guys stacked up all over the place for you)

Apparently I got spotted a couple times on 40m and would get a flurry of 5 or 7
guys, then nothing while I CQ'd 20 or 30 times with nothing. (ie: nobody was
really hearing me all that well and depended on the cluster to find me...not the
big knob.)

 There should be a SO(A) class in this one, or at least a way of identifying
these SO assisted stns, as I see a couple of their calls in the SOLP listing not
the M/2 listing this morning.

10m--relegated to an ultra high band these days, not accessible by mere
mortals.

15m-not a peep from NA (heard a couple SA)

20m-except for a couple W9's/W4's and a few scattered QRO/HP signals (you know
who you are), signals were all at 5/1 or lower. Almost impossible to make a Q.
Later, when I came back around dark, the band had a number of signals, but not a
single one from the USA. (ie: TM6M was 5/9 here while even W6's were
inaudible....strange.) It was sooooo long. HH2, XE2, LU-something.

40m started off meh, then got a little better, then I quit to watch TV.

80m Real noisy and signals were weak.  Even with a 4-square on this band, it was
almost impossible to be heard with 100w and ssb.

160m. Called W9RE and VE3MGY about 25-30times each. No dice.

The one and only reason I got on was to give out NB to the deserving. I hate
Summer, SSB, 100w contests.....especially with wire antennas and no
sunspots...hahahaha

To that end, I got a lot of nice thank you's for the NB mult.

Thanks guys!

Mike VE9AA 2  X IC7410's and wire array's