[3830] SARTG K7HKR SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, azswdxing@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SARTG K7HKR SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2019 16:58:34 +0000
                    SARTG WW RTTY Contest - 2019

Call: K7HKR
Operator(s): K7HKR
Station: K7HKR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 12

   80:   2    20     3
   40:  12    90    11
   20:  38   240    16
   15:
   10:
------------------------
Total:  52   350    30  Total Score = 10,500

Club:

Comments:

6-foot diameter small transmitting loop (20,40,80)
2el Yagi for 15m (not needed)
IC-7100 + fldigi

Still working through my first year of RTTY contests.  Didn't do NAQP RTTY since
it conflicted with CQ WW VHF (and NAQP lost out again this weekend).  I like the
interesting schedule of this one, but I wasn't able to start the first session
until after 05UT.  Worked a few on 40m, but very little activity by then and I
quit within an hour.

The second session was all 20, as I didn't hear anything on 15.  During the 21UT
and 22UT hours, I struggled trying to work the ten or so EU stations that I
could somewhat reliably decode, and managed to get 3 of them, better than I
often due in a worldwide contest.

The final session was the only one where I was able to work multiple bands.
Managed a few more of the 15-point off-continent QSOs, including one JA on 40.
Ended up with a sweep of the three usable bands for one KH6 and one domestic.  I
spent about 25 minutes calling CQ during various parts of this session on 15,
20, and 40, but that only got me a couple QSOs on 20 near the very end.  Not
that I was expecting much, but at least I tried.  A lot of sitting around
waiting for something to happen, but U.S. participation was better than I feared
it might be.

Score is approximate since I manually calculated it from the fldigi log.