[3830] NAQP SSB WX3B M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, thbauer@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB WX3B M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2019 19:50:41 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: WX3B
Operator(s): KD4D ND3D WA3AER
Station: WX3B

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: Maryland
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:   32    13
   80:  277    33
   40:  688    54
   20:  352    34
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1349   134  Total Score = 180,766

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

All in all this was a good operation for us. Condx left something to be desired
- many weak signals and band noise required several repeats to complete. Nothing
on 10M; the small handful of stations that could barely be heard on 15M
suggested we'd be better off on 20 and 40M where we kicked off the afternoon.
Things took off closer to 2000Z. 20M began to taper off abt 2 hours later and
40M took the reins. 80 and 160M were rather noisy for us, and we weren't having
storms in the area, so it must have been even worse elsewhere.
At midnight Eastern Time, it seemed many stations pulled the plug, leaving us
begging for contacts over the final 2 hours. OK, it's Summer, so I guess BIC
time is discounted then?? Or, was it the lackluster band condx that made folks
throw in the towel? Or, as Mark once said, maybe we were operating  2S2Q mode.
Whatever, we still logged 142 contacts during the last 2 hours. It was worth it.