[3830] KsQP K0A(@K5CM) Mobile MOST LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5cm-2@suddenlink.net
Subject: [3830] KsQP K0A(@K5CM) Mobile MOST LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 19:08:17 +0000
                    Kansas QSO Party - 2019

Call: K0A
Operator(s): K5CM N5KW
Station: K5CM

Class: Mobile MOST LP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 17

   80:    66    26
   40:   689   317
   20:   937   435
   15:
   10:
    6:
----------------------------
Total:  1692   778      0  Mults = 54  Total Score = 357,264

Club:

Comments:

We were starting in mid-Eastern Kansas so Pam and I spent Friday night in Fort
Scott. We always enjoy visiting some of the older "Down Towns" in
Kansas. The Bourbon county court house was already locked but enjoyed checking
out the outside and taking some selfies. Pam and I had just said I wish the flag
was out for the picture and about that time a gentlemen came out and apologized
for not having the Flag flying but said the flag pole was being repaired.

We had a more exciting Saturday night spending the night in Wellington, KS. We
both considered the motel to be a little creepy because there was not much
lighting and very few people were staying there. We carefully checked out the
room and all seemed OK. Then all of a sudden someone was "POUNDING" on
the door. I said "who is it" more "POUNDING" I pulled back
the curtain and peek out. Four Cops were outside fully armed with their flack
jackets on. I decided best to open the door. They said I meet the description of
someone that had just robbed Penny's Dinner across the street, after a closer
look at me decided I was older than the reported description. The officer then
asked me if that was my truck parked there. Yes I said. Then he said Hi I'm
W1... and stuck out his hand. We had a friendly conversation about the KSQP and
lack of repeaters in the area.

Conditions were fair considering we are at the very bottom of the SS cycle. It
was easy to copy some of the EU DX on 20 meters, but difficult to copy any of
the close in state side stations. 80 was good in the early daytime but hard to
get stations to listen for me there.
All contacts are important but here are a few of the most worked:
>50 N8II, W5CW
>40 OM2VL, K7SV, WB9CIF
=>30 N5RZ, N6MU, W6OAT, WBOTEV
=>20 K7TQ,KA6BIM, DL3DXX, K2RZ, W7OM, K4BAI, K0HX
=>15 K7IA, WA9LEY, K4AMC, AJ5JX, K2BIO, K4ORD, K6DAJ, AD1C, K3TW, KF3EB
=>12 K1IB, KS5N, NS2X, WB2WPM, KN4VV, R1DX, VE3PQ, KC7EFP, KE3ZT,
KN4Y,W0C,W1TO
=>10 K0DEQ, N9NM, WA4EEZ, WV2M, KC0ZVN, KC4WQ, W4EE, W5VS, W8BZY, W8PI,
WA1SAY, WA6URY.

Pam, N5KW did most of the SSB operating and the driving (750 miles), I did the
CW. Others seem to like the 1x1 calls, but I don't because of the loss of
identity of the operators. Was great fun as always. Thanks to Bob W0BH for all
his efforts in putting it together.
73, from Connie and Pam K5CM/K0A / N5KW