[3830] WWDigi DK8ZZ SOSB80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WWDigi DK8ZZ SOSB80 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2019 08:45:49 +0000
                    World Wide Digi DX Contest - 2019

Call: DK8ZZ
Operator(s): DK8ZZ
Station: DK8ZZ

Class: SOSB80 HP
QTH: Erbach
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  211    26  Total Score = 6,994

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Tried the dark side of the contests :)
Due to some daily activity with family, I've decided to try 80m. I've expected
more activity on contest dedicated frequencies (3580/3590), but, around 0100z
everybody moved to 3573. Saturday evening with preety high QRN due to some local
rain/thunderstorms around QTH (over 2h).
 I was QRT around 2h prior daily light. some more QSOs were possible, but I was
too tired.
While lower bands are more atractive in CQ WW CW/SSB, pointing on 80m resulted
for a less activity (40m was I guess more popular).
N1MM+ with WSJT-X worked almost without problem. Guess, for some HAMs, the whole
setup is pain in the ass :). Normally, a contest log can be prepared in several
seconds... I've used YT video (on german) from Funkwelle to do it. Thanks for
the help!
ICOM 7600, power somewhere between 400 and 500w, antenna spiderbeam 18m GP with
4 elevated radials.

Zik DK8ZZ

ps. CW/SSB contests still makes fun too :D