[3830] WWDigi G3TXF SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WWDigi G3TXF SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2019 22:22:48 +0000
                    World Wide Digi DX Contest - 2019

Call: G3TXF
Operator(s): G3TXF
Station: G3TXF

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Weybridge
Operating Time (hrs): 14

  160:    0     0
   80:   68    13
   40:    0     0
   20:  233    32
   15:   32    11
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  334    57  Total Score = 26,106

Club: Three As Contest Group

Comments:

Hello Contesters,

It was the first time I had ever used FT4. It was great fun, once I had set up
WSJT-X properly.

This time I was not using N1MM as a contest logging interface, just WSJT-X on
its own. Worked fine. I just called anyone who wasn't coloured
"green"!

I wonder what rates the bigger stations were able to achieve? I felt that QSO
rates in the typical RTTY contest might have been a bit faster.

It was a good idea having multiple frequencies for FT4. But even on 20m, there
wasn't that much happening on FT4 on 14082. Most of the activity was just on
14080. I didn't bother with any FT8 QSOs. What is the point of FT8 in this
contest, once you're used to how fast FT4 whizzes along - hi!

I look forward to using FT4 in another worldwide contest soon, but next time
I'll be doing it through N1MM, so that I can then see what's going on.

73 - Nigel G3TXF