[3830] NCCC Sprint KW8N LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, KW8N@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint KW8N LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2019 03:18:53 +0000
                    NCCC Sprint - Sep 6

Call: KW8N
Operator(s): KW8N
Station: KW8N

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   7      5
   80:  13     11
   40:  13     10
   20:  14     10
   15:   3      2
   10:
-------------------
Total:  50     38  Total Score = 1,900

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Well that was one of the more stupid mistakes.  I went to 40 meters and kept
getting beat out, but then managed to work a couple of the loud MN stations.
But was still having trouble winning jump balls or getting answers to CQs.  So
made another 20 meter contact.  Back to 40 another weird thing was it didn't
seem to make much difference listening which of the 40 meter antennas I was on.
Finally after 6 minutes of this, I realized the main antenna switch for that
radio was still on 15 meters!  The SWR on the 15 system just by chance is not
that bad on 40 meters since using coax for stubs and phasing between antennas,
so didn't recognize that by SWR.