[3830] WWDigi NW6P M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bill@w9kkn.net
Subject: [3830] WWDigi NW6P M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2019 21:00:52 +0000
                    World Wide Digi DX Contest - 2019

Call: NW6P
Operator(s): NW6P W9KKN WX5S
Station: NW6P

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Cupertino, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 15
Radios: SO2R

  160:    0     0
   80:   83    14
   40:  179    22
   20:  243    21
   15:   16     5
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  521    62  Total Score = 53,258

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

We decided to take a somewhat relaxed approach for this contest and have Matt /
WX5S and Tom / NW6P make a couple Q's to get to know this mode a bit. We even
managed to get Tom/NW6P doing SO2R!

I (W9KKN) was actually hoping for a break from the contest rush this weekend and
spent most of the time trying to figure out what was going with the OM2500A that
is supposed to be heading down to ZF1 and unfortunately wasn't able to get it
going during this contest, but I was able to make plenty of contacts when I was
operating. Occasionally I found myself trying to work the mouse from across the
room, though.

I think in general, FT4/FT8 has a lot of rough edges to work out before it can
be a mainstream contest mode. While I really appreciate the work that Joe Taylor
and team put into this fantastic mode, and the work the folks like W0YK put into
this contest, I still haven't quite forgiven the synchronous nature of it yet.
Would much rather go back to RTTY/CW/Phone asynchronous contesting -- the rates
are so much better when not fixed into specific timeslots.

Thanks for the Q's everyone!
--Bill/W9KKN