[3830] WAE SSB W4VIC Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vic.w4vic@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB W4VIC Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2019 20:03:05 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: W4VIC
Operator(s): W4VIC
Station: W4VIC

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 2:20

   80:    0    0      0
   40:   23    0     45
   20:   44   63     48
   15:    0    0      0
   10:    0    0      0
-------------------------
Total:  130   63     93  Total Score = 12,090

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I do enjoy the WAE contests.  The QTC is an interesting variation on the
multitude of contests.  First time sending SSB QTC and with N1MM+ it was very
simple and efficient.

Band conditions were marginal.  20M was decent for a few hours, but much too
few.  40M was noisy and crowded and my poor ears couldn't deal with the
multi-layered calls and exchanges.  80M was simply wall to wall noise.

I doubled up this weekend, switching back and forth between the ARRL VHF Contest
where I used the FT8 Mode.  Very interesting but I need lots more information
than the structured exchange presents.  QTH and Azimuth are two bits of
information that would help a great deal when using wide spaced 5 (or more)
element arrays.  I suppose I'm spoiled by the N1MM+ program.  I hope the WSJT-x
folks and the N1MM+ folks will get together and produce something as wonderful
as regular SSB/CW contesting with N1MM+.

Thanks for the Qs.  73, Vic, W4VIC