[3830] ARRL Sep VHF K8BKM Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, thammond@chartermi.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF K8BKM Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 13:30:24 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  30     20  Total Score = 600

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Limited part-time effort. 2m FT8 only. Certainly easier than constantly spinning
the VFO (and yagi) hoping to find someone who's pointing in your direction while
you're pointing in theirs. Yah, FT8 is boring, but the exchange is quick (in
contest mode), and since everyone is on the same "channel" (144.174),
it reduces (but doesn't remove) the happenstance factor. I was surprised that I
worked a few stations that I could neither hear audibly (why even listen?) or
see on the waterfall - down around the -15 to -20 range. Certainly wouldn't have
worked them on SSB. Yep, FT8 is changing the world. Are you on bored (SIC) or
are you taking a pass? I just love 2m weak signal. If everyone is migrating to
digital, I'm not going to give up, I'd rather join them.

73, Tom
K8BKM