[3830] ARRL Sep VHF N8LRG Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF N8LRG Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 17:24:43 +0000

  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  189    97  Total Score = 20,758

Club:

Comments:

HI Everyone.
My use of a 150 watt AMP on 432 took me out of the 3 Band as I exceeded the
power limit. I upgrade my 6m antenna from two Halo's to 6m5 Yagi. I side mounted
it and just pointed northeast. Looking to find a ring rotor for it. I took time
out for church and a church picnic. Came back to shack stuffed and ready to go
for the rest of the contest. Altogether about 19 hours. Bands seem pretty flat
until evening. Got a few DX grids on 6m when the band popped up. Didn't get my
1296 antennas up in time but only have 10w on the rig. The IC7610 on 6m and the
IC9700 on 2/432 is a great combo. Kept really busy with S02R. The ON4KST
reflector was a real help. I was surprised how many 432 stations I was able to
work. Majority of QSO's were FT8 and SSB. I did get one FT4 QSO with W1VD for
fun. Had to try it.

Many Thanks to all and especially the Rovers...

PS..
 As I am submitted this I happened to work AA0F in EN04, over 850 miles on SSB.
Too bad we didn't have that propagation during the contest!

73 Phil
N8LRG