[3830] WAE SSB VY2ZM(K1ZM) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K1ZM@aol.com
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB VY2ZM(K1ZM) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 18:39:48 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: VY2ZM
Operator(s): K1ZM
Station: VY2ZM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: PEI
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

   80:  229   216   160
   40:  388   374   135
   20: 1157  1157   100
   15:  125   125    72
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total: 1899  1872   467  Total Score = 1,761,057

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

First, MANY THANKS to all those in EU who always make this a great event! On
this side, we always appreciate your coming out to make this a fun contest.  And
special CONGRATS to Nate on a fine score at NR3X (Eastport).  Very well done!

Here on PEI we had to deal with Hurricane Doria and 100MPH winds for 8 hours
this past week.  For the most part the station escaped unscathed so I decided I
was able to give this a go.  Our power was restored on Wednesday but our
INTERNET was not (GROAN!)  WAE is one of those contests where PACKET SPOTS as a
single op are more than important and I felt a bit out of it on the multiplier
side -  but such is LIFE (HI).

In this contest also, especially at the bottom of the solar cycle, the highest
bands are often miserable and this was the case again this year being well
North.  I worked what I could hear on 15M but two multipliers I moved were
clearly copiable but they could not hear a thing from me.  10 Meters??? What is
that.....!!!!    Does it exist any more?  Expected.

Still this was fun and most everything worked here as it should - but there are
still a few things antenna-wise to set right from the high hurricane winds.
Hope that is all taken care of by the time of CQWW SSB.

Congrats also to all the high scorers - well done!

73 JEFF  K1ZM/VY2ZM