[3830] ARRL Sep VHF VA3ELE Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va3ele@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF VA3ELE Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 00:53:49 +0000

  3.4:    7     5
  5.7:    3     2
  10G:   11     6
  24G:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  275   128  Total Score = 71,296

Club: Rochester VHF Group

Comments:

Good contest, but still, even though i submitted to running a fair amount of
FT8, I really miss the fact of stations calling CQ on SSB or CW. My many calls
went unanswered.  Some good contacts made on the microwaves, I have not had a
chance to check best DX per band.

One of the highlights is a 24GHz QSO with Hugh VA3TO, I dont have a 24GHz setup
on the tower so I decided to leave my 10GHz dish pointed at Hugh, then setup in
my backyard with 24 and pointed at the 10GHz dish on the tower. Sure enough, the
strategy worked and we had a SSB QSO, a whopping 21Km away hi. Hey, its another
multiplier, that's what counts!

Had a memorable SSB QSO on 10Ghz with KA2LIM/R as well when things just were'nt
happening, I swung the dish around and found ken 25 degrees off the direct path
by what appeared to be a rain scatter QSO in FN12. After Ken, I made a quick
phone call to K2TER/R in FN13 for a try on 10GHz. I still had my dish pointed at
the location where Ken and I worked and i told them to sweep the horizon and
listen for me, sure enough, K2TER/R was logged on 10GHz as well.

Another moment to remember, was workign W2SZ on 2304, just as we began the qso,
the clock struck 0300UTC, but we continued and completed a CW QSO. Although it
doesnt count for the contest points, it was nice to score a new grid on the
band.

Special thanks go out to the rovers which work hard to activate so many
different grids, your efforts are greatly appreciated! And of course all other
stations that I was able to make contact with, thanks for looking this way.

I could keep going, but, I never seem to have enough time to write all the fun I
had during the contest. This is my best September score to date.
September is probably one of my favorite contests because its not ALL about 6m,
you can actually find time to work all the other bands.

73 de Peter
VA3ELE FN03dm