[3830] TxQP K5OT(@K5TR) SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5ot@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] TxQP K5OT(@K5TR) SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 00:18:13 +0000
                    Texas QSO Party - 2019

Call: K5OT
Operator(s): K5OT
Station: K5TR

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 8.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:   32      0
   40:  205    152
   20:  209    232
   15:    8      1
   10:    2      2
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  456    387      0  Mults = 125  Total Score = 267,750

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to George K5TR for the station time from his BLANCO county QTH in the
Texas Hill Country.  It was a lot of fun to attempt a part-time SOHP effort this
year after quite a few years of mobile adventures with NO5W - and K5NA &
company in earlier times.

This year, it was an intermittent effort as I bounced between two overlapping
contests on Saturday, working about 30 minutes on one contest, and then
switching over to the other for the next 30 minutes.  On Sunday morning, I
packed it in after only two hours so I could attend our grandson's baseball
doubleheader.  Total TQP time was 8.5 hours.

I could have really used a low dipole (like WA2VYA's) on 40 Meters to capture a
few more mobiles.  The beams at K5TR work great, but a high angle alternative
would have netted more mults.  Big thanks to the mobiles that activated so many
counties around the state.  These ops keep the action flowing for everyone.
They make a major commitment of time and resources - and they have a blast doing
it.

Kudos to Keith NM5G, Chuck NO5W and a few others who do all the work behind the
scenes to make contests like TQP happen each year.

73,
Larry K5OT