[3830] Salmon Run K7RU Club M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, brianmo@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] Salmon Run K7RU Club M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 05:54:49 +0000
                    Washington State Salmon Run - 2019

Call: K7RU
Operator(s): K7BTW K7VAP K7MO K7EDX N9ADG
Station: K7RU

Class: Club M/2 HP
QTH: ISL
Operating Time (hrs): 21

  160:
   80:   69    154       0
   40:  214     23       0
   20:  296    532       0
   15:    1      0       0
   10:    1      0       0
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  580    709    1289  Mults = 103  Total Score = 326,274

Club: Preston Radio Club

Comments:

A number of years ago we went to Camano Island and made a lot of contacts in
this contest. That year the team included Denny, W7SNH. This year we returned to
Camano Island and made a lot of Qs again and toasted Denny (SK) at LEAST once.

It was great to run into many familiar calls on the air, and even have some
welcome DX contacts.

Antennas this year included a SteppIR BigIR, 80m Dipole, a SteppIR Urban Beam
set up DXpedition style using an extension ladder, and a CrankIR right at the
salt water's edge.  We had two stations going, one with an Elecraft K3, the
other with an Icom 7410. All antennas were switched through an Antenna Genius
2x8 switch from either operating position.

Thanks to the SteppIR folks for letting us borrow the Urban Beam!