[3830] IaQP WI0WA(@N0AC) MO Mobile/Portable LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IaQP WI0WA(@N0AC) MO Mobile/Portable LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2019 02:34:06 +0000
                    Iowa QSO Party - 2019

Call: WI0WA
Operator(s): N0NI N0AC
Station: N0AC

Class: MO Mobile/Portable LP
QTH: Iowa
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:
   80:    78
   40:   638
   20:   293
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  222:
  432:
----------------------------
Total:  1009    0       0  Mults = 94  Total Score = 189,692

Club: Iowa DX and Contest Club

Comments:

What would you do if you went to a party and nobody showed up? Well Toni, N0NI,
and I went to the Iowa QSO Party and 1,054 QSOs showed up in our log. I was
hoping for a lot of contacts, but this exceeded my expectations. I hadn’t run
the IaQP since 2016 but with an early departure from our Colorado summer home I
was able to participate in the 2019 running. After inviting Toni to operate with
me as a multi-op mobile entry I put together what turned out to be a too
aggressive route. We made it to all our planned counties except STO, HDN, and
HAM before the final bell rang. The weather cooperated with brief periods of
rain but enough to make some of the county line roads muddy. We kept on the move
only taking time to change operators. Some of the notable calls with 15 or more
QSOs (in no order) and the DX worked were:

More than 15 QSOs--DL3DXX, K0AP, K2SSS, K3WJV, K4AMC, K4FT, K5KDG, KV8Q, N2IGW,
N8II, NA2X, OM2VL, W0SK, W5TD, W8BZY, W9DC

DX--DL, F, HA, JA, OM, UA as well as KH6 and KL7

Thanks to Toni for the company and the Story County Amateur Radio Club for their
sponsorship and the most thanks goes to all that took time to work us.

Toni, N0NI and Bill, N0AC

Here is the run down on the mobile station:

2003 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel truck, 235,000+ miles
Elecraft K3 100w
Antenna #1-Tarheel M200-HP screwdriver antenna w/cap hat
Antenna #2-Ameritron SDA-100 screwdriver antenna
K1EL Winkeyer w/Bencher paddles
Radiosport headset
Old HP laptop running Win7
N1MM+ logging