[3830] Salmon Run K7JSG MobileSSB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7jsg@outlook.com
Subject: [3830] Salmon Run K7JSG MobileSSB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 00:34:10 +0000
                    Washington State Salmon Run - 2019

Call: K7JSG
Operator(s): K7JSG
Station: K7JSG

Class: MobileSSB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:
   80:          41
   40:
   20:          38
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:   0      79      0  Mults = 36  Total Score = 6,188

Club:

Comments:

I did contact W7DX for the 500 bonus points.  First time doing Mobile and had
fun.  I made contact with the most counties since I have been participating in
Salmon Run.  I contacted 23 counties and heard a number more but they couldn't
hear me.

I used my IC-7100 running 100 watts with a Alpha Antenna FMJ.  I replaced the
stock whip with a 17ft expandable whip from MFJ.  I used a Buddipole Veratee for
the mount and used two 5ft whips on each side.  It worked surprisingly well.

I was able to activate 7 Counties.  The band conditions died on Saturday night
so I didn't make any contacts from what would have been 8 counties.  Found out a
Solar Wind came through and wiped out the bands.

I tried to make contacts on 40 meters but no one heard me.

I might do mobile again next year.  Learned lots of things and how I could
possible make more contacts.