[3830] CQ WW RTTY N6WM(@N6RO) M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6wm@largeradio.org
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY N6WM(@N6RO) M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 01:13:02 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2019

Call: N6WM
Operator(s): N6WM N6RO K3EST NA6O K6DAJ
Station: N6RO

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Oakley CA
Operating Time (hrs): 48
Radios: SO2R
Remote Operation

   80:  368       50      18    17
   40:  815       54      44    24
   20:  821       56      60    28
   15:  274       37      21    14
   10:   35        5      12    10
------------------------------------
Total: 2313      202     156    93  Total Score = 1,744,468

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Well.. what unusual operating conditions.  We had a very small team, so we
consolidated operations to 2 flex/PGXL combos, and 1 k3/AL-1200.  Although there
were many tight schedules, we were able to staff up with a combination of remote
operations on all 3 op positions, as well as on site work.  Many of us did heavy
lifting on multiple bands to make it all work.  We are happy with the result
that bests last years score with less mults but more qso volume despite the
solar storm conditions.

Operator reports
N6WM - 15/20m kickoff friday -Started Saturday on 20/15 and turned 20 over to
our master 20m op K3EST for the rest of Saturday, 20meters all day sunday.
Had a wonderful time SO2R for the kickoff friday.  Got to push the 6600-M/PGXL
combo to the limit 2Bsiq with great rate.  Spent majority of Saturday on 15
meters.  the good news.. the band was to some extent open, allowing for more
than 200qsos.  Also did 10m Saturday and managed to get over 20 QSO's, from
various SA and OC qth's..  there was some life there.  On Sunday we were
fortunate to have a relatively brief but productive opening into EU mult wise,
allowing us to get access to some of the mult gold mine that is so elusive from
w6.

NA6O - 80m op primary both nights, N6RO covering morning greyline.
in his words:

First night: Difficult working the East coast due to the storm. JA appeared on
time at their sunset with moderate activity and at times with a strange
bell-like quality. No other Asians worked the first night that I can recall.
Second night was pretty normal for this time of year. Heard but could not work
LZ5W, the only continental station I detected; worked a couple of CR3s but that
was it toward EU.

K6DAJ:  Most 40meter operation with relief from N6RO, did some 20, and handled
10 and 15m on sunday..
his words:
. in person 0030-0900 then drove home.   40m was bereft of EU first night except
Azores and Canary Islands.  Second night remote from home.  40 Eu started being
audible way before our sundown but only a few copyable and workable and required
ESP.   Took 20m at 3 pm when bob left and ran JAs 2bsiq with 40 for several
hours .  20 lingered but all dupes so went to SO2v 40.  Came back to 20 for late
night Asia including VR2, YB, DS.  After amp died on 40, switched to 80 until
0900.  Sunday 1600-2330 on 15 and 10.  10 was just LU/CE/PY/CX.   which seems to
be typical .  Not many noticed the opening but those who did were loud.  15 was
mostly SA , but stayed open till the end .  We like SA and JAs!

K3EST:  20m Saturday day.. It was great to have Bob as it always is, he brings
great wisdom to our operation, I sat with him most of saturday during the worst
of solar conditions.  he mentioned only being able to log 5 or so EU stations
and the east atlantic islands.  Special thanks to K3EST for his support during
sub optimal conditions.

N6RO:  Our fearless leader and master of the morning grey line, luring in qso's
in the wee hours of the morning.  Did quite a bit of operating this go round,
ensuring the remote team members could take breaks and conjuring up low band
qso's. his highlites: working UR2 on 40m long path,  and JT5DX on sunday AM on
80m.

Op condx:
Stn 1 Flex 6600-M + PGXL SO2R + Remote
Stn 6 Flex 6600-M + PGXL SO2R + Remote
Stn 4 K3 + AL1200 + Remote

5L Triple stacks on 10/15/20
4L double stack on 30
4Sq and 2L quads with Sal/beverages on 80

Let the contest season begin!  CU all in CQP next weekend as N6O!

Thanks as always to ken for your flexibility and support, as well as K3EST for
allowing me to take point on this test this year.

PS - murphy hit us.. and i dont want to talk about it. ;-).

73 and seeya next time!
Chris
N6WM
for the Radio Oakley team