[3830] CQ WW RTTY K3MM SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3mm@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY K3MM SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 02:22:06 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2019

Call: K3MM
Operator(s): K3MM
Station: K3MM

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 17
Radios: SO2R

   80:  185       40      32    12
   40:  254       48      56    19
   20:  431       48      64    25
   15:   68       18      20    12
   10:   14        7       5     5
------------------------------------
Total:  952      161     177    73  Total Score = 715,140

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Spent a lot more time than I had planned on, but put in 17 hours at random
times. The good news is that running 1500 watts into my poorly loading top
tribander actually seemed to fix it...must have arc-welded whatever bad
connection there was and worked some JA's and other good stuff on it.  Saturday
night my only working rotator, a T2X got stuck south, so took some time off and
figured out it was at the limit and the brake wouldnt release because I couldnt
do the normal rotator rock to unstick it.  Bypassed the limit switch to get it
unstuck (whew!@) and swapped out the stock controller with my spare that has
some smarts including a brake delay.

I'm thinking after over 25 years on my KT34xa stack and 402CD++, it's time to
rebuild with some JK hardware and new coax cables before I retire and cant
afford them!  LOL!  Hmm....