[3830] CQ WW RTTY 8P2K SOSB40 Classic LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY 8P2K SOSB40 Classic LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 10:22:26 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2019

Call: 8P2K
Operator(s): 8P2K
Station: 8P2K

Class: SOSB40 LP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: 8P
Operating Time (hrs): 15

   80:
   40:  266      39      44    13
   20:
   15:
   10:
-----------------------------------
Total:  266      39      44    13  Total Score = 60,288

Club:

Comments:

Thanks for all those who called in.

Low power at this part of the solar cycle is probably not a great strategy but
the first couple hours gave me hope.

I overslept and completely missed the EU sunrise and my own sunrise - probably
25% of the available openings from my QTH on 40m - so that didn't help.

At the end of the first 24hr with just 150 Q's but having missed half the
potential openings, I felt I could push to get up to 600 Q's. Then the
propagation gods turned down the propagation and over the next 24 hours I could
only muster another 120 Q's operating twice the time as on day 1.

Usually as I am a mult for everyone, I try to keep a clear frequency and call CQ
for as much as I can. Making runs proved difficult even though I tried to operat
right on the edge of the band in use. It is amazing how many times a station
called in, worked me and then proceeded to call CQ right on top of me. Even when
I couldn't hear them, I'd see my rate drop off and sure enough, there he was
just outside my passband, but with high power, completely covering my signal
either in NA or EU or perhaps both. Frustrating.

Anyway, the highlight came on day 2 when 9M4DXX called in at about 01:30z. It
was all downhill from there.

Thanks again for the patience of all who worked me. Much appreciated and we'll
see you again soon.

73 - Dean 8P2K