[3830] CQ WW RTTY W4GO SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY W4GO SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 14:48:45 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2019

Call: W4GO
Operator(s): W4GO
Station: W4GO

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 32:56
Radios: SO2R

   80:  188       37      13    12
   40:  409       45      45    18
   20:  458       43      61    19
   15:   37        6      16    11
   10:    1        1       1     1
------------------------------------
Total: 1093      132     136    61  Total Score = 615,559

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This was my first attempt at SO2R. Big thanks to KA4RRU for loaning me the
second radio -– a shiny new IC-7300, no less! Lots of fun trying to keep both
plates spinning. If there was an upside to the poor propagation on Friday and
Saturday, it allowed me to ease into the SO2R flow before the bands got rolling
on Sunday.

Apologies for a few bungled QSOs. Most of these were not due to SO2R teething,
but rather what turned out to be a subtle failure of the mouse, evidently worn
out by my click-intensive RTTY operating style. Single left-clicks would
sporadically register as two clicks in very rapid succession. This wreaked havoc
on the text-grabbing and ESM logic in N1MM.

Initially I chalked the erratic behavior up to a bug in N1MM. When I started
seeing evidence of double-clicks with the Fldigi controls, I swapped mice and
things were back to normal.

Thanks for the QSOs.

TS-480HX and IC-7300 at 100 W, SpiderBeam plus wires, one PC, N1MM and Fldigi.