[3830] CWopsT K9ZO LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K9ZO LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2019 14:16:32 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Oct 2

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Illinois
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:  19
   40:  54
   20:  10
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  83  Mults = 74  Total Score = 6,142

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Of course, the SteppIR was not working on 40, although it worked most of
yesterday while chasing DX.  Tired from staying up until 1:30 am to catch the
sunrise with A82X in Liberia on 160.  No luck. It was noisy and signals were not
strong. I'll try at sunset today. But I did catch Tokelau, ZK3A, at his sunset
for a new one on 160.

Decided to try low power.  It gives me a chance to see how the antennas really
work.  I also did 80/40/20 while I usually do two bands.  It still is quite
light out for 80, but the vertical did fine.  One thing I noticed that when
S&P I frequently called 3-4 stations before someone came back to me.  Often
people who were weak just kept calling CQ. I was not able to work the weaker
guys, nor the Midwest.  The last half hour I called CQ and the rate was a bit
better, but lots of unanswered calls.  When I went to 20 most guys did not
answer, although there were some Europeans on.

Anyway, it shows how much difference 10 dB makes and gives me an understanding
of how much stronger guys are with the big stations and why they score so much
better even when I run an amplifier.