[3830] CaQP AE6Y SOFixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP AE6Y SOFixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2019 00:53:09 +0000
                    California QSO Party - 2019

Call: AE6Y
Operator(s): AE6Y
Station: AE6Y

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: SCLA
Operating Time (hrs): 20
Radios: SO2R

  160:    36     0
   80:   134    45
   40:   311   122
   20:   409   335
   15:   127    40
   10:     4     0
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:  1021   542  Mults = 58  Total Score = 240,526

Club: Pizza Lovers 259

Comments:

Another CQP in the books.  Lots of enjoyable QSOs, and great out-of-state
participation.  A few obsrvations:
1) Mults were generally plentiful, and there was great activity from some states
that can be difficult, like NE, ND, SD, and AK (well, only KL7SB, but worked him
on 4 bands).  The VE activity varied greatly: here are my totals MR-7, QC-7,
ON-91 (wow! the most of any mult), MB-1, SK-3, AB-6, BC-10, NT-4.  Other than SK
and MB, I had at least 4 Qs with every mult of the 58.  Thanks, by the way, to
VY1AAA for two early Qs, and Gerry VE8GER and Scott VY1CO for getting on.  Scott
said they had a power outage and a snowstorm, and he was managing with just a
KX3.
2) There were many more 599s received than normally. Is this due to some
programming quirk?
3) 15 was open much more than the QSO count would indicate, particularly on
phone.
4) I agree with N6O's suggestion to lower the suggested frequency on 80 phone.
Although I doubt that Ken agrees with this, I would also encourage 160m SSB QSOs
in the lower parts of 160, as we used to do.  160 has become almost exclusively
a CW band in this contest.  It used to be fun to ask guys to try SSB on the same
freq, but that seems to be frowned upon now.
5) I think I need a few db more on 20 and 40 phone to run with the big guys from
my home station (assuming my difficulties on phone here are a loudness
deficiency, not an operator deficiency, hi).
6) I had an amusing incident on 40 CW at about 2300Z on Saturday.  I had a small
pileup, and all I could make out was the last letter "m".  I sent that
several times, trying to sort out the callers, but it took a while, as I was
being called by W5TM, N3AM, and TM6M at the same time!

Thanks to everyone for the Qs, and to the organizers at NCCC who put in a lot of
work for us all.
  73, Andy AE6Y
K3, KPA1500, IC7600, Titan,
3 el 10-20, 2 el 40, 1 el 80, inv. vee 160
Software: CQPWIN ver. 13.0