[3830] 432FallSprnt NU4E Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 432FallSprnt NU4E Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 11:19:06 +0000
                    432 MHz Fall Sprint - 2019

Call: NU4E
Operator(s): NU4E
Station: NU4E

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EM85MI
Operating Time (hrs): 2.5

Total:  QSOs = 9  Mults = 8  Tot Dist(km) = 1770  Total Score = 72

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

Drove from Greenville, SC up to the Blue Ridge Parkway - NC to about 6000ft asl.
Installed the antenna, TRX powered by car battery. Only CW and SSB, no laptop
for digital
Almost no cell coverage there so I couldn't arrange skeds in the chat, tried it
but whenever I had coverage the next minute it was gone.
Drove almost 2.5 hours up installed the antenna and got QRV just in time, stayed
2.5 hours took the antenna and station in 30 minutes down and was back at home
at midnight.

This was my first 70cm SSB / CW activity from the US. Thanks for the QSOs,
weather was nice up there, got a bit cool when the sun was gone but never felt
cold as I had to walk to turn the antenna, go back to tune the radio, walk to
the antenna :-) etc.
Glad I heard about the 70cm East Coast Net, heard 4 stations but could only
contact 3.

Will put some pictures on my page at www.dj8og.de tonight.

Rig: Yaesu FT-991 with 50W to a dualband (2m & 70cm) antenna. 10 elements on
70cm about 15ft up at a parking lot at 6000ft

ODX was the first QSO KE8FD in EM64JV with 244miles