[3830] 432FallSprnt N0URW Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 432FallSprnt N0URW Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 02:47:28 +0000
                    432 MHz Fall Sprint - 2019

Call: N0URW
Operator(s): N0URW
Station: N0URW

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: EN41
Operating Time (hrs): 2

Total:  QSOs = 12  Mults = 7  Tot Dist(km) = 300  Total Score = 168

Club:

Comments:

Only had enough time to put up one antenna for this test. Most of the time I
have two or more antennas up so I can monitor different modes and several
different directions. So the question is, Do I stay on SSB or go to FT8. Very
few even get on for these sprints around here, and it's very seldom I work
anyone in my own grid. I started out on SSB and I noticed my amp was only
putting out half of what it should. A quick check showed I had the drive turned
down to half of what it should be. Once I adjusted the drive , I was up to full
power. Which was just in time to hear K9JK/R out in EN61. A quick contact was
made and a few more SSB contacts were logged. Then I moved to FT8. A few
stations were on and logged but still not a lot of stations on FT8 that are
within contact range. Had to get on ON4KST just to see what was happening. Made
a few more contacts on FT8 from those on ON4KST. But most were way too far away
for FT8. Tried getting anyone to try a MSK144 contact, but no one was
interested. I guess from where I am, I don't see this as a hurry up go at warp
speed test like I see others doing. Maybe that is because there is just not that
much activity around my area for the need to go fast.

My goal this go around was make 10 or more contacts. Just wish more would get on
for these sprints.

Don't know if I will be on for the 1296 sprint.. Only 4 stations close enough
for contacts.
 And so far only one of them has been on for these sprints.

     Station set up this time:

                     Icom 9100 radio
                     800 watt tube amp
                     1 x 28 element yagi.