[3830] Oceania CW VK2GR SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Oceania CW VK2GR SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2019 01:02:05 +0000
                    Oceania DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: VK2GR
Operator(s): VK2GR
Station: VK2GR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: QF54eq
Operating Time (hrs): 20.7

  160:    3     2
   80:   59    51
   40:  398   249
   20:  280   215
   15:   55    47
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  796   565  Total Score = 1,713,645

Club: VK Contest Club

Comments:

Another fun-filled and successful Oceania CW Contest. Without the eastern VK
weather pattern with heavy QRN, it would have been absolutely fantastic.
The low bands were excessively noisy with 160m being practically unuseable in
southern NSW. Although 80m was very noisy,  there was good propagation to NA, AS
and EU.  There was an active JA contest in operation with plenty of workable 80m
JA stations that did not want to work me. Excellent propagation was experienced
on 40m with of course plenty of noise.
Without the Beverage receive antennas, I would have been unable to copy many of
the NA and EU stations. The 20m band was good when open, with 15m being average
with mostly low level signals and 10m was closed for DX. A good representation
from YB land with some operators obviously using software decoders due observed
operational delays and the number of repeats required for successful serial
number copy at their end.
The EU Zoo was again very active on 20m and 40m with many operators calling
through active QSO exchanges and I wondered if some of them could actually hear
my signal.

Antennas at VK2GR:
160m dipole also supporting 80m and 40m wire beams.
80m dipole and EU SP 2el inverted-vee beam.
40m 4 Square vertical array and EU LP 2el inverted-vee beam.
20m 4el monoband Yagi at 15m
15m 4el monoband Yagi at 12m
10m 3el monoband Yagi at 16m
Two 100m long Beverage RX antennas

QTH: Rural south coast NSW.  Grid locator: QF54eq