[3830] TBDC KV4FZ Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC KV4FZ Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2019 17:01:13 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Pre-Stew

Call: KV4FZ
Operator(s): KV4FZ
Station: KV4FZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: USVI
Operating Time (hrs): 12.5

Total:  QSOs = 338  Total Score = 3,265

Club:

Comments:

Nice to work UA9BA with a big signal here. He was my only Asian contact but
worked 24 different EU countries, 5 NA countries, 1 SA, and two Oceania, no
Africa...strange.(But unfortunately VP6R was not giving out his grid square but
I put it in the log for zero points anyway. Rig here was an IC-7300, Acom 2000,
1/4 wave cage fed vertical, and too many beverages to mention between 500 and
900 feet. My DXE ladder line reversible was the quieter antenna for the states.
But my single wire 600 foot Beverage was the best for the EU.

I would like to suggest to avoid repeats that the stations send to the tropics
their grid square more than one-time.  Down here there is always a static crash
that obliterates one of the characters...never fails. I Was thrilled to work a
couple QRP stations and a bunch of LP as well. VE3MGY and KA1J really know how
to radiate a few watts.

Most of the time here N2TTA operates his Flex 6600M in the contests remotely
from an apartment in NYC as NP2P.  He only operate a few minutes on 160 since
the Q rate is to low for him there.

73,

Herb, KV4FZ