[3830] TBDC WS7L Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC WS7L Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 04:33:17 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Pre-Stew

Call: WS7L
Operator(s): WS7L
Station: WS7L

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CN85
Operating Time (hrs): 1

Total:  QSOs = 37  Total Score = 173

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Best DX KV4FZ for 13 points. Was pleased to hear SM2EKM but he was in the pile
calling the VP6 so no QSO there.

Had to quit early when my remote antenna switch died. Didn't want to go out and
try to fix it in the cold, dark, and wet. Figured out the next day that 160 at
high enough power was blowing the MOV on the control line! Fixed it and put a
couple turns of that line through a ferrite.

Was operating with a compromised antenna. I rebuilt my top-loaded vertical but
haven't got round to properly matching it yet so I lengthened the T wires to
resonate around 1825. This leaves it at 3:1 SWR which I can manage with a tuner
at reduced power. Will cut the T wires back and add a parallel inductor to bring
it to 50 ohms. Maybe next weekend.

73 and see you all in the main Stew!
Carl WS7L