[3830] CQWW SSB HH2AA M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0bbc@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB HH2AA M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 00:59:04 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: HH2AA
Operator(s): AE0EE K0BBC
Station: HH2AA

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Haiti
Operating Time (hrs): 42
Remote Operation

  160:   49     4        7
   80:  369    14       45
   40:  437    21       72
   20:  753    24       90
   15: 1056    23       95
   10:   43    10       17
------------------------------

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Conditions on 15 m were pretty good, with strong signals most of the day.  We
were able to hold run frequencies with pileups even with 100 W.  Similarly, 20 m
worked very well for us.  Life was tougher on 40 m, where we had trouble working
around the differing band edges for various regions.

Although we were aiming for a full-time effort, a power outage in Haiti took us
off the air for about six hours pre-sunrise to mid-morning on Sunday.  The extra
sleep was appreciated, though.

Some highlights include being called by several rare DX entities (VP6, A4, A7,
HK0/A, CY0, 5T, GU, GD, 6W).  A few other rare DX stations were in the log on
our first call.  Sunday afternoon we had a good time working other Minnesota
Wireless Association members on 20 m as the band was wide open to W0.  The best
60-minute period had 174 contacts in the log.

Station:
Elecraft K3, 100 W (RemoteHamRadio.com)
6300' AMSL over Port-Au-Prince
10m – MOMO Yagi @ 60′