[3830] CQWW SSB W6YX(N7MH) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB W6YX(N7MH) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 01:55:06 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): N7MH
Station: W6YX

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Stanford
Operating Time (hrs): 3

  160:
   80:   6      5        6
   40:  17      8       15
   20:   8      4        7
   15:  28      8       20
   10:
------------------------------
Total:  59     25       48  Total Score = 10,877

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Not much time to get on the air. Spent time trying to get the 40m Yagi unstuck
from pointing due south (guessing a club DXer had been trying to work VP6), but
no luck. 40m inverted vee had high SWR, finally went out in the dark and raised
the legs of the vee which had been lowered to use the 2m EME array.

With low power almost no one heard me beaming south. The inverted vee helped me
pick up most of those I missed with the Yagi. Only about half the stations I
called on 80 heard me.

20 had almost no DX I could hear around noon local time Sunday. 15 was much
better at that time with mostly South America and Caribbean. I heard someone
around 28410 but too weak for a QSO, nothing else heard on 10.

Glad to give out a few Qs in a casual one-radio effort.

73,
-Mike, N7MH