[3830] CQWW SSB VY2TT(K6LA) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VY2TT(K6LA) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 04:28:52 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: VY2TT
Operator(s): K6LA
Station: VY2TT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: PEI
Operating Time (hrs): 41
Radios: SO2R

  160:  152    10       29
   80:  385    14       61
   40: 1165    22      102
   20: 1954    22      109
   15:  631    20       96
   10:    3     3        3
------------------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

I see from other score summaries I missed a bunch of mults on 10m. I only heard
one I didn't work and I keep checking and looking at a bandscope.

An hour and change into the contest, a Caribbean station answered my CQ. He
asked if I was having trouble getting responses to my CQs. Yeah, I was. Shortly
after I had another station ask what I thought about conditions, so between
those two I figured everyone was having the same situation as I was - I couldn't
get any traction CQing on 40, 80 or 160 for the first few hours. Given that, I
was surprised how well and for how long 15m opened to EU both days, although
rates were worked out on 15 on Saturday.

For the first time in as long as I can remember, I had to reboot Writelog a
couple of times during the contest. Having Windows on an SSD drive takes the
pain away from that task.

As usual, I didn't hear a number of announced operations, although some juicy DX
did call in or were found on the 2nd radio. Having said that, I never heard JA
on any band. To say I wasn't aggressive moving mults would be an overstatement.
I didn't even try once.

This was my first serious single op effort in CQWW SSB. The Dodgers not playing
in the World Series made it easier to concentrate.

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT