[3830] CQWW SSB M6T M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB M6T M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 01:18:11 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: M6T
Operator(s): G0EGW G2NF G4ADM G4BUO G4KNO G4MJS G4PIQ G4TSH G7TWC M1ACB PT2FM
Station: M6T

Class: M/M HP
QTH: JO02rf
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  869    16       71
   80: 2101    27      113
   40: 3226    35      142
   20: 2205    38      143
   15: 1124    31      128
   10:  419    14       71
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

It looks like Europe was rather divided by Latitude this year. Folks in the
South found conditions pretty decent and folks in the North suffered very badly
at the hands of the effects of a coronal hole and elevated A & K indicees.
We were somewhere in the middle. At times the bands opened well, but the
openings were shorter and more limited in duration that we would have expected
with a quiet Sun even at minimal solar flux levels. This is reflected in our
reduced zones totals where the more Northerly paths like KH6 and KL7 and some of
the Pacific multipliers were missing to us on all bands except 20m.

10m totals were a little helped this year by a little Sporadic E propagation
which was largely missing last year.

I think, almost without precedent in nearly 20 years of doing this contest as a
multi-op, we worked no JA other than on 20m and 40m, and on the Saturday the
only JA we worked on 40m was via long path in the morning - the short path
afternoon opening was completely closed to us and was very poor on Sunday.

On the first night, 40m was very poor to the US (though not as bad as the CW leg
in 2016), but it was a little better on the second night. On all bands, very
little was worked from the West Coast of the US.

This sounds like we had a dreadful time with propagation - but no doubt the
folks in Scandinavia had it much worse.

As happens every few years at this time of year in the UK, we had very strong
winds blow through on Friday Night / Saturday daytime. Thankfully - nothing got
damaged - and the strongest winds occurred overnight so we couldn't see how
badly the antennas were swinging about! Nothing to be done other than to
regularly go out and check the tightness of the guys on the crank-ups, and that
the guy stakes weren't moving in the saturated ground!

Thanks to everyone for the QSOs and mults over the weekend - it was great fun -
and we look forward to seeing you all in the CW leg in a month's time. Let's
hope the coronal hole has waned in intensity for the next cycle...

73,

Andy, G4PIQ for Team M6T

-----------
160m