[3830] CQWW SSB VE2IDX(VE3ZF) SO(A)SB40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, igor.slakva2010@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VE2IDX(VE3ZF) SO(A)SB40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 00:47:05 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: VE2IDX
Operator(s): VE3ZF
Station: VE2IDX

Class: SO(A)SB40 HP
QTH: Zone 2
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40: 1280    22       84
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1280    22       84  Total Score = 270,406

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

One more DX-pedition to Zone 2 behind...
Came to Zone 2 on Friday morning before CQWW. During 2 flights from Toronto,
Ontario to Sept-Iles, Northern Quebec my luggage with beverage antennas, coax
cables and winter`s wear was lost by Air Canada. Luggage was found and delivered
to me by Air Canada Cargo in two hours before CQWW same day, however it was too
late to install beverages before contest and first night of CQWW I was operating
without any receiving antennas.
Condx before CQWW was unusual – due to strong solar wind we had strong aurora
in the polar area of the Earth, as results all bands in Zone 2 were very
affected of it.
Made decision to operate SOSB (A) HP 7 MHz at this time, first night of
operation in CQWW on 7 MHz was difficult – due to aurora it was not easy to
work with EU through North Pole….However I`ve continued to struggle…
I installed beverages to EU, JA and AF on Saturday morning, it was significantly
improved reception, early afternoon I was able to organize good EU pile-up on 40
meters and rest of the contest I had multi hours pile-ups of EU and W`s.
CQWW was flying very fast, I really enjoyed by contest….
I would like to express my special thanks for great help to Frank VA2FGG, Yuri
VE3DZ, Paul K1XM, Igor VA3FF, Max VE3CCN and to all who called me during CQWW DX
Contest.
Thank you and see you next time from Zone 2.
73,
Igor VE2IDX, also VE3ZF