[3830] CQWW SSB 8P5A(W2SC) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB 8P5A(W2SC) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 17:02:02 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: 8P5A
Operator(s): W2SC
Station: 8P5A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Barbados
Operating Time (hrs): 47
Radios: SO2R

  160:  107    10       24
   80:  673    18       79
   40: 1928    27      104
   20: 2537    24       99
   15: 2295    25      106
   10:  514    20       59
------------------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Congratulations to Randy (K5ZD/V47T)on his super effort from his Caribbean
mountaintop.

40/80 were good the first night but not very good the second.  160 was a
struggle with noise and my inability to work much to the northeast.

The high bands were a pleasant surprise.

Looking at the rate sheets, it was a close race with V47T until Sunday morning.
As has become common at the bottom of the cycle, the morning hours are very
difficult, especially on Sunday.  Randy had some big hours when I could barely
make a contact, despite alternating CQ's on 20 and 15 while beaming US and
Europe on both.  He pulled ahead at this point and I could not catch up.

I closed the gap somewhat when I had a unexpected opening to Europe on 10 that
added to my country totals.  Being in the extreme southeast of the Caribbean was
an advantage here.

The station worked fine all weekend and the operator was the only limit.

Thanks for all the Q's and moves.

Also thanks to my wife Kathleen.  While the station assembly went OK, I was not
feeling well and there was stress due to a pending change in ownership of the
station QTH and the impact on my future operations.  Her patience and support
got me through the distractions and to focus on the contest

QSL via LoTW or HA1AG

73, Tom W2SC