[3830] SS CW W2EG Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW W2EG Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2019 15:37:49 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2019

Call: W2EG
Operator(s): W2EG
Station: W2EG

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: ENY
Operating Time (hrs): 6:31

------------
  160:
   80:   30
   40:   45
   20:   29
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Hudson Valley Contesters & DXers

Comments:

Only got in about 6-1/2 hrs. New end-fed antenna. Not resonant
low enough in bands (and no time to add length before SS), so
found that core would saturate even at 100W, so ran QRP with poor
SWR on the coax and at the antenna. Somewhat frustrating for this
op, who has not previously done QRP in a test! Antenna was
hearing well and I found that many Q5 stations could not copy me.
It was also interesting to experience the different reactions to
my weak signal -- some ops would simply give up very fast and
start CQing again almost immediately; others would take the time
to get my exchange, and I thank them heartily. I can understand
why those who won't attempt the QSO refuse -- they will get
SOAPBOX: penalized for incorrect copy. Having been on the 100W (or more)
SOAPBOX: side of a QRP QSO, I can sympathize, although I will say that if
SOAPBOX: I can copy at all, I almost always take the time to try to get
SOAPBOX: the exchange. I guess if I were part of a multi-op team effort I
SOAPBOX: might feel differently. Anyway, again thanks all who took the
SOAPBOX: time and trouble to copy my exchange! I'll get off the soapbox after
one final comment: if you're going to quit on a QSO before logging it, PLEASE be
sure to send NIL several times so the other op knows and doesn't log it only to
get penalized.