[3830] SS CW VY1AAA(VE1RM) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, gerry@w1ve.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW VY1AAA(VE1RM) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 02:09:46 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2019

Call: VY1AAA
Operator(s): VE1RM
Station: VY1JA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NT
Operating Time (hrs): 14:30
Remote Operation

------------
  160:    0
   80:    6
   40:  119
   20:  833
   15:    0
   10:    0
------------

Club:

Comments:

A fun but melancholy contest.  This will be the last CW SS from the QTH of J
Allan, VY1JA.  After SS SSB, the station will go permanently QRT.  J has been an
incredible host for our remote, and it has been my greatest pleasure to work
with him on this project.

This was a tale of high vs low bands.  Huge, epic pileups on 20, but little to
zero propagation on 40 and 80.   Since this is a rate contest, I did not bother
looking on 15 or 10.

Many zero-beat callers in the packet pile.  Experienced ops got through quickly
by calling off the zero beat.

Last mults needed for the sweep were ONN, ONS, and WV.  VE3CX was quickly
followed by a ONS mult.  WV did not come till late mid-day Sunday, in the form
of WB8III -- not N8II as usual!!  I found Jeff just a bit later.

I hope I gave everyone who wanted NT for the sweep a chance.
I'll be on from J's in the final event for the station in SSB Sweeps in a few
weeks.

Average rate for the first 11 hours was 83 -- pretty darn consistent.  Last 3.5
was enless CQ, as usual for Sunday.

All I can say is this still is my favorite contest.

Thanks for the memories!

73,

Gerry VE1RM/W1VE/VY1AAA