[3830] SS CW WT2P(@WB9Z) SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wt2p@wt2p.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW WT2P(@WB9Z) SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 04:00:25 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2019

Call: WT2P
Operator(s): WT2P
Station: WB9Z

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:
   80:  308
   40:  456
   20:  263
   15:    6
   10:
------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

All I can say is ... WOW

Got out of the hospital Friday afternoon, got home and packed for the drive
down. Was planning on arriving at WB9Z/NV9L at 1, but a prescription snafu made
me late. I pulled into the drive around 4:05PM. After unloading and getting the
computer setup the way I wanted, I started ~25 mins late. I had to play
catch-up!

Once I got settled in, things went relatively smoothly. I used my ILQP strategy
only instead of changing modes, I changed the run/s&p and when that slowed,
switched bands. I made it a goal to keep a keen eye out for mults, so not much
running in the beginning and that paid off with getting the sweep early on,
which enabled me to focus on running.

The online scoreboard was a real horse race between me, K9NR and K3WJV. It
definitely kept me in the chair and on my toes.

I finally went to sleep around 0900Z with the intention of waking up at 1100Z,
but woke up at around 1340Z. After a quick fill of coffee and getting my
bearings, I got back into the game. I was worried that extra sleep had cost me
in our "race".

The Sunday doldrums weren't too bad, there was always something to chase, but
there were some times where it got a touch boring and I could step outside for a
smoke break.

Towards the end of the contest, it was a real push to break 1k Q's and I'm glad
I did it. I came within 1Q of the WX3B (NY3A) station in the last minute, and I
missed the tying Q with VE7CC on 80. NE9U got him, though, congrats!

Many SMC'ers worked, appreciated the "GO SMC" and "GO CJ"
comments on the air. Was very motivating.

This was my personal SS best in all of 25 years of being a ham!

Special thanks to Val NV9L and Jerry WB9Z for hosting me for the contest. Always
a lot of fun operating from here and I look forward to more adventures from The
Farm.

73,
WT2P