[3830] SS CW K1MM(@N4UU) Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Chris.plumblee@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K1MM(@N4UU) Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 13:28:31 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2019

Call: K1MM
Operator(s): K1MM N4UU W4WF
Station: N4UU

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Hawthorne, FL
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:    0
   80:  229
   40:  366
   20:  549
   15:   15
   10:    0
------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Last section for the sweep was SK. Heard VE5SF on 80m after sunrise...couldn't
break the pileup of Midwestern stations still in darkness. Finally heard Sam on
40m (also well-after sunrise Sunday) and managed to complete the QSO. Of course,
had several other SK stations call in later. We even worked a second VY1.

This was K1MM's first sweepstakes operation since KZ5NO in the mid-1970's from
the Canal Zone, and his first with computer logging.

Other than one CWT in February of this year this was the first use of K1MM on
the air in the USA in > 10 years.

N4UU's station played very well; all shortcomings of the operation can be blamed
on the operators or the computers...the antennas and rigs and amps all worked
wonderfully.

Station 1 - TS590 + LK500
Station 2 - K3 + TL922
Spotting station (could transmit, but seldom did) Omni V + TL922

TH5 @ 50' rotatable
ATB34/ATB34 @ 90'/60' fixed NW
40-2CD @ 120' rotatable
40m inverted vee @ 60'
80m inverted vee @ 90'

TH5/TH5/TH5 fixed NE @ 120'/90'/60' used only to work VE9 and VO1.

Thanks again to Martin and Bill for joining me for the contest, and huge thanks
to Martin for tackling extensive tower work by himself to fix and replace rotors
and repair/replace yagis felled by the FL weather.

73,
Chris W4WF