[3830] SS CW K9MMS SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K9MMS@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW K9MMS SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 15:04:20 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2019

Call: K9MMS
Operator(s): K9MMS
Station: K9MMS

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 10.8

------------
  160:   11
   80:  108
   40:  101
   20:   74
   15:    6
   10:
------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

K3 + P3 + KPA-500.  WinTest logging.

The Flex 6500 has not played well with other software for months — consistent
COM and configuration instabilities.  Real radios have knobs and buttons and
immediately work whenever you sit down in front of them.  So,I used the
reliable, no-hassle Elecraft line up.  It worked flawlessly.

The 40-2CD Yagi needs repair, so all 40 meter QSOs were on a 40/30 meter fan
dipole (ends at 30 feet and center at about 25 feet or so).  It worked very
well.

Used the spotting cluster and mostly S&P to work towards a sweep.  Only a
few short CQ runs - for maybe 10% or less of the Qs. A very casual effort.

After going QRT Saturday night, I still needed WTX, SC, EWA, and MB.  In recent
years, WTX and EWA have been more rare.  Many NC stations logged, but only
worked SC (3 of them) late in the contest.  In my old age, long hours of radio
are no longer for me.  Also sometimes had trouble with numbers with adjacent
digits of 6 and 7 at high speed.  Guess my CW skills are getting old, too.  :)

Thanks for the Qs, Ms, and fun.
73,
   Gary . K9MMS