[3830] SS CW W5ZN(NN1N) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW W5ZN(NN1N) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2019 15:19:22 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2019

Call: W5ZN
Operator(s): NN1N
Station: W5ZN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: AR
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:  318
   40:  548
   20:  336
   15:    4
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

Thanks to Joel and Kim for hosting me for the SSCW!  I had not done a serious
effort in SS for a long time, so op'ing from ZN gave me an operating fix along
with a great visit where it was warm!  I started the drive from W. IL where a
snowstorm was raging.

Joel has an amazing low band station which is designed overall for DXing, but he
wants to make some general improvements for contesting, so this SS run is going
to help set the baseline.  Northeast Arkansas seems to be not far enough north
and not far enough south for some bands to have more optimal skip zones.

I can't believe how fast time goes by when calling thousands of unanswered CQs.
I would like to see SS start earlier in the day on Saturday and end at 2359Z on
Sunday.  Not sure that change alone will help improve activity, but at least the
pain could end at a normal time.

Glad to work all the sections at least twice except for WTX -- thanks N5NA.
VY1AAA was heard often on 20 and 40 and will be missed going forward.  VY1KX
sounded good too.

Pair of K3s, Alpha 9500, OM2500
KT36XA, fixed JK-mid tri/A3s, 40M 2 el Moxon, fixed 402CD driven element, 80 4
square

73, NN1N/9