[3830] SS CW W4AAA(KK9A) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, john@w4aaa.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW W4AAA(KK9A) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2019 06:09:47 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2019

Call: W4AAA
Operator(s): KK9A
Station: W4AAA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:
   80:  292
   40:  438
   20:  214
   15:    6
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

It was 8 months since I had been on the radio, the previous time was from
Bonaire as PJ4R. My Elecraft K3S and peripherals were never really unpacked. To
make matters more complicated, between various home projects some items inside
shack plus also the outdoor control cables had become in disarray. I struggled
in the hours before the contest to find everything needed to set up the station
for Sweepstakes CW and fortunately I completed this in time. I operated assisted
and early on I kept a close eye on the spots for sections that were rare for me
in previous years. This worked out pretty well as I found my last section on
Sunday morning. Working all 83 sections is a fun Sweepstakes challenge! Even
with the lack of sunspots, conditions seemed pretty good. The bands were quiet
and 40 meters was always open and productive. My station worked flawlessly
throughout the weekend. I averaged 60 contacts an hour during each of the first
8 hours which is fun for a contest with this much information being exchanged.
However, with the limited pool of active CW stations rates really diminish
towards the end. Turning back the clocks an hour made Sunday seem longer but I
stuck with it until my allowed hours were used up. At times, searching and
pouncing was the only way I could generate contacts. I would like to thank
everyone for the QSO’s, it was especially nice to work old friends again.
Please QSL via WD9DZV.

73,
John KK9A
http://www.w4aaa.com