[3830] WAE RTTY NR4O Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nr4o@att.net
Subject: [3830] WAE RTTY NR4O Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 03:16:56 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY - 2019

Call: NR4O
Operator(s): NR4O
Station: NR4O

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC - FM05
Operating Time (hrs): 11.75
Radios: SO2R

   80:  102  102     0    80
   40:  160  160    90   117
   20:   90   90    79    68
   15:    5    5    20    10
   10:
------------------------------
Total:  357  357   189   275  Total Score = 150,150

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Wish I could have spent more time, I really like this contest.  Had family
visiting from out of town and could only get about 12 hours in intermittently.
I did get a nice run going on 40M during the last 2 hours of the contest that
accounted for about 30% of all my Q's.  I did get a few Q's on 15M that included
a clean exchange of QTC's with a ZL station.  I did have some trouble logging
received QTC's.  I lost one set of 10 trying to make corrections and the DI
window cleared abruptly on me with all the good QTC data.  Later in the contest
I got better at handling the received QTC's.  Sending QTC's was way easier.  At
the very end of the contest I noticed K3AJ closing in on me scoreboard and he
motivated me to press on to the buzzer. I just met Tom this week at our PVRC-NC
chapter meeting.  According to the scoreboard I just edged Tom out in the final
minutes!!  Discovered what caused my 20M RFI problem Saturday morning when
trying operate 20M.  Turns out one leg of my 80M dipole came loose and was
intermittently contacting my 20M loop.  Fixed that up in about 15 minutes
Saturday morning and all was good again.  Thanks for the Q's and patience during
QTC exchanges.

73,
Eric - NR4O
Flex-6600 with SPE 1.3K and TL-922