[3830] SS SSB KB0EO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kb0eo@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB KB0EO Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 22:12:38 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: KB0EO
Operator(s): KB0EO
Station: KB0EO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Minnesota
Operating Time (hrs): 11

------------
  160:
   80:   36
   40:  318
   20:  159
   15:    1
   10:
------------

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

I am pleased to have reached both objectives: first, get a sweep without
spotting assistance; second, break 500 QSOs. The last four sections were a ball
buster: ND, MS, WY, and NNY. I know the propagation on each band fairly well, so
knew when to point the antennas and check for some of the harder ones.

North Dakota WT0DX called me on 40 meters and made my day. I tuned around 20
meters for hours trying to find MS, WY, and NNY. NNY came first followed by a
bunch of them. I happened to be in the right place for MS as he happened to say
Mississippi as I was tuning. Wyoming was the last section - I spoke to WY7SS
before the contest and knew he was going to be on - 20 m or 40 were the best
shot. I looked for a big pileup and heard someone say thanks for WY. I sat on
that frequency for 1/2 hour before the band opened and I worked him.

This reminded me a lot of the old days of chasing DX before the cluster showed
up - a lot of listening and being in the right place at the right time.

I worked several MWA stations - the best propagation was on 40 meters. I worked
Rich N0HJZ at his new location - welcome to team south!

73,

Dan - KB0EO
Kilkenny, MN